Sunday, September 25, 2011

Wk4 Publishing/Presentation Post


I have to admit, my schedule makes it very difficult to attend conferences.  I have only been teaching four years and I coach several sports and have 5 teenagers.  I don't really look for more ways to complicate that schedule.  I do however, ingest a steady diet of TED talks and other keynote talks that I can access online.  I think my the hook that always gets me is the passion of the presenter.  The presentation doesn't have to be slick and it doesn't even have to have a topic that allows me to leave the room (or the web page) and go and start doing the thing that was being proposed.  With a passionate presentation about what is possible, I take a sense of community of optimism with me that reassures me that if I work toward this thing, other will be too.  Eventually this thing will be a reality.

Wk2 PPP/TOL
Wk3 PPP/TOL
Presentation Slide Show

No comments:

Post a Comment