Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Wk3 - Wimba Blog Post


Looks like this was a good night to miss the Wimba session (coaching) as it was actually an archive from last month.  First observation is that the Publishing Project still seems a bit vague to me.  I think I understand what we are trying to publish, as in the document itself, but I'm a little fuzzy on the scope or rigorousness of the article.  The short and sweet 120 word "story" of what happened during our research seems clear.

As for other discussions; I am one of those self-help haters.  I inherently feel that my own motivation and effort is what gets me where I want to go and into the situations that will make me a better me.  I have not read "The Secret" or any other motivational manuscripts designed to change the way I think.  I did read "Who Stole My Cheese" and some book about a Fish, because I was a manager and the whole company discussed it.  I think the Art of Possibility is done pretty well and points toward successes that could be emulated but aren't forced on the reader.  I agree with JBB about the title or subject "giving an A".  The overall message is pretty clear, but the idea of "giving" anyone anything is a little weird to me.  Semantics, I guess.  It is one thing to say that "you start with an A, try not to lose it" and another to say "I'm giving you this A", now don't worry about a thing…However, it is a little tricky to tell us, AFTER we write glowing reports in our blogs about how great an idea it is, then poopoo it in Wimba.  Sneaky, Prof.

1 comment: