Sunday, October 17, 2010

PE1 - Practical Experience 1 - Garage Band


Screen shot 2010-10-17 at 9.00.18 PM.png





Thank you, Full Sail!  I am finally learning to play the guitar!   I chose Guitar Band as my Practical Experience for this week because a I realized that I was growing too dependent on my "I'm not good at the music part of production…" excuse.   Peter Binskin (another member of Cyber Group) has been my go-to-guy for music (when we are working on a group project) and figure it is time to stop taking him for granted.

I mentioned in another post that one of my concerns was that I was not taking responsibility for the music portion of my video production by using canned tracks from RoyaltyFree music or some other purchasing site for generic music.  If I want to take control of my creative work, I should include the music.  This, however is the secondary reason for my attempt.  I want the chicks to dig me.  Yes.  You heard me right…and yes, I've been married for 21 years, I'm 41 yrs old and have 5 teenagers.  Nonetheless.  I want to be the guy by the fire on the camping trip that is playing the guitar.  I really want to be that guy.
Screen shot 2010-10-17 at 9.14.50 PM.pngScreen shot 2010-10-17 at 9.38.11 PM.png
IMG_1505.JPG
I won't fit in too many guitar lessons on this bunch of posts, but I'm gonna stick with it.  After watching the tutorials incorporated into GarageBand, and discovering just how cool the software simulates everything that you would need for a basement (or Garage) band set up - stuff like Stomp Boxes - I think I'm ready to move on to some Lynda.com vids.  I'll let you know how it turns out.  Wayne's World - watch out.
Photo on 2010-10-17 at 21.13 #5.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment